TEAPY® T-4-1™ INDIVIDUAL TEA SERVICE
For the Hospitality and Catering Industries
TEAPY® T-4-1™ dramatically reduces operator costs, as well as increasing customer satisfaction.
Instead of a typical seven piece tea service (teapot, teapot lid, cup, saucer, teaspoon and milk jug, all on a tray), the TEAPY® T-4-1™ only has four pieces (a mug, teaspoon and a milk jug retained on the TEAPY®), all four pieces held in one hand with the “footprint” of a single mug.
TEAPY® T-4-1™ also contrasts with current methods of serving tea by its quicker prep, safer carry and speedier table clearance, for table service, counter service or self-service.
The milk jug is retained in a recess on top of the TEAPY® and the additional weight of the jug and continuous downstand of the TEAPY® make it less likely to spill than an open mug whether held by hand or on a tray.
Using a TEAPY® T-4-1™
USING TEAPY® T-4-1™ WITH A TAGGED TEA BAG
1. Add boiling water to mug. Add tea bag and replace TEAPY® with tea bag string inside perimeter recess.
2. Place jug into recess on top of the TEAPY®.
3. Carry to table or desk by holding the mug handle or multiples on a tray.
4. Remove jug and watch tea brewing to required strength.
5. Lift TEAPY®, enjoy the “aroma burst”, flip and fit snugly against mug for mess-free transfer of the used tea bag. Add milk to taste and stir with teaspoon.
6. Move TEAPY® aside and enjoy!
TEAPY® T-4-1™, with the milk jug retained on the TEAPY®, is carried from a preparation location to a table or desk, either by a server or by a customer or by a home or office user.
A teaspoon is typically included within the perimeter recess to complete an all-in-one service, the teaspoon being used to stir in the milk when the tea has brewed, as well as remove an untagged tea bag.
For loose tea, a teaspoon will not go in a mug with TEAPY®’s stainless steel infuser; to enable a teaspoon to be inserted, we recommend using a disposable paper / abaca infuser envelope with the envelope flap trapped between the TEAPY® and mug rim away from the perimeter recess. Alternatively, use a ball and chain infuser.
Watch this space for future TEAPY® stainless steel infusers
- TEAPY® is perfect for fruit and herbal infusions, keeping the TEAPY® as a lid for as long as you like.
- The top recess can alternatively hold a lemon portion or biscuit / cookie.
- Your chef can use TEAPY® instead of cling film for microwaving butter, etc.
- TEAPY® can keep your drink warm and act as a 'bug barrier' outdoors.